Salary: circa £45k including shift allowance
Holiday – 26 days per year increasing after 5 years’ service.
Health Shield health plan e.g. dental, optical after 12 months service
Pension scheme – AE pension after qualifying period
Death in service scheme after 3 months service – 3 times salary
Main Job Purpose
Working as part of a team of managers to initiate and implement strategic change at pace in line with Kingsland’s overall business plan to ensure future success of the organisation. Applying and championing world Class manufacturing techniques to effectively manage the site night shift functions ensuring optimal operational performance.
- Provide leadership, motivate and develop a team of Managers/Coordinators through coaching/monitoring and PDR frameworks providing opportunity for a greater contribution to business success
- Develop structure with clearly defined roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure development of a flexible, multiskilled team.
- Develop and maintain good employment practice in line with Legislation, Trade Union Agreements, Kingsland Policy.
- Drive efficiency and productivity movements reducing cost and maximising quality and availability to the customer.
- To effectively manage the nightshift operation maximising cost savings and service levels
- Develop and maintain sound business relationships with current/future suppliers & customers (internal)
- Champion monitor and facilitate a team working/CI environment across the nightshift function, empowering team to identify and solve problems
- Champion and promote a safety culture proactively develop a safe working environment, continually striving to improve safety standards.
- To set highest standards of GMP/hygiene. Ensure all products are manufactured in compliance with Food safety Legislation, Kingsland’s Code of Practice.
- Facilitate cross functional team work developing internal customer culture across all functions to enhance contribution from key assets
- To drive and champion cultural/operational change at pace developing operational and behavioural systems and controls
- To promote a high level of motivation at all levels within function through effective communication and employee engagement.
- To contribute a high level of motivation at all levels within function through effective communication and employee engagement
- To contribute the development of organisational strategy and performance improvement
Skills and Education
- You must have good people management skills and have experience of managing a large team.
- At least 5 years production/WCM experience at Production/Senior Production Manager level of FMCG environment, preferably bottling. Ideally of graduate calibre with a proven record of achievement in a high volume production environment.
- Preferred engineering background
- Excellent communication, motivational, analytical and planning skills are essential for this role, as is being an exceptional leader of people.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience of Lean manufacturing processes
- Ideally Six Sigma qualified
If you are interested in applying for the above role or if you require any further information, please contact Recruitment@kingsland-drinks.com.